Friday, June 1, 2012

Art Supplies Reviews: Winsor & Newton Aluminum Folding Easel Oil Painting




YouTube Videos





Art Supplies Reviews: Winsor & Newton Aluminum Folding Easel Oil Painting









www.speaking-of-art.com Author and watercolorist Peter McReynolds reviews the Winsor & Newton Bristol Aluminum Folding Easel for oil painting. See more reviews by Peter at www.speaking-of-art.com.

Views:
0


0
ratings
Time:
04:04
More in
Howto & Style








YouTube Videos





Woodpile Collective at Deluge Contemporary Art - May 2012









Search for "Art News"





Club News 6/2/2012



Welcome to Club News, a weekly roundup of the latest news in the Big Country. To be included: in 75 words or less, send meeting highlights, guest speakers, officers elected, donations made or received, etc.







Yahoo! Answers: Search for





Open Question: Any advice for an aspiring young artist?



I love drawing and painting, but I always work from photos I find on the internet. Portraits are my favorite to draw, I love giving life and 3 dimension to a 2 dimensional surface. There really is nothing like putting life in someones eyes, the feeling of looking back at a drawing and seeing emotion and feeling is indescribable. But my problem is that I try to take pictures of friends and family, but they always have this blank or fake expression. Or the photo just seems too 'say cheese!'. I want feeling and raw emotion.

I don't want to sound conceited, but I am really good at portrait drawing. I'm 16 but my art teacher says I'm at a college level or higher. I still think I can improve a lot though, I see MANY faults in my drawings. Anyway, I started a bussiness page on Facebook for starting commissions, but one client hasn't paid me (he's my cousin), another won't be able too (they won't get they're drawing), and one person contacted me to draw something for them, but they thought my drawings were free. So when they found out they weren't they didn't want one. It seems like no one wants to pay more than $20 for a hand drawn portrait. But thats because I'm 16, they think that I'm not old enough to have a business.

And then with my paintings, I like landscapes and seascapes and cityscapes. But the problem is, I live in a vey ugly area of America. Eveything I take a photo of is not painting material. And I'm not creative enough to turn it into a beautiful painting, I've tried but it never turns out like I want it too. So that leads me to the internet to find gorgeous places to paint. Those paintings are illegal to sell though. My parents are getting me photoshop for my graduation present, but thats still a about 9 months away (I'm graduating early).

I'm not creative at all. The most creative I've ever been was a slightly silly self portrait were I had to rub paint all over my face. Does anyone have any advice for an aspiring young artist who needs to make money to pay for art supplies? Any advice for creating original art for a girl lacking creativity? Maybe how to better start a commission business? Thank you so much if you read all of this and help me!






No comments:

Post a Comment